Links you may find useful to find out more about your specific issue

Useful Links


CAB Adviceguide – discrimination


Equality Advisory & Support Service 

Shelter – discrimination in housing

Stop Hate UK

Disability Law Service

Rights & Fairness Telford

Stonewall – the lesbian, gay & bisexual charity

Education & Young People

CAB Adviceguide – education

ACE Education Advice & ACE Education Training

Bullying UK

The Council for Disabled Children

Family Lives (England and Wales) 0808 800 2222

National Association of Gifted Children (NAGC)

National Union of Students (NUS)

The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)

Childline 0800 1111 (24hr free advice)

Department for Education

The Home Education Advisory service

National Parent Partnership Network

Service Children Education UK (SCE)

01962 880880

Health, Care & Disability

CAB Adviceguide – Healthcare

A4U – information, advice & advocacy

Carer’s Contact Centre Telford 

Cruse Bereavement Care Shropshire

Impact – action on addictions

No Panic

Shropshire Disability Network

Telford Mind

Age UK Shropshire Telford & Wrekin 

Carers UK

The Drug & Alcohol Recovery Service

Listen Not Label – disabled peoples user-led organisation

PALS – PRH & RSH Patient & Liaison Service

STACS Shropshire – asperger Carers


VISS – sign language interpreting service 


CAB Adviceguide – housing

Choose Your Home – housing association lettings scheme

Bromford Housing Group – housing association

KIP – housing support for 26-60yr olds

Sanctuary Housing Association

Shelter – homelessness & housing charity

TCAT Student Services Homeless Service 01952 642 361

Thrive – floating support service

01952 582617

YMCA – youth charity

Bournville Village Trust – housing association

Gov.UK – Housing & Local Services

Maninplace – homeless support 

Severnside – housing association

STAY – housing support for 16-32yr olds

Telford & Wrekin Council

Wrekin Housing Trust – housing association


Equality & Human Rights Commission

Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association (ILPA)

Home Office UK Border Agency

Refugee Council England

Law & Rights

CAB Adviceguide – law & rights

Crimestoppers – legal aid – will, probate & inheritance

Independent Police Complaints Commission – crime, justice & the law – inheritance tax

Her Majesty’s Courts & Tribunals Service

The Law Society

Relationships & Family

CAB Adviceguide – relationships

Broken Rainbow – for LGBT people experiencing domestic violence

Mankind – for male victims of domestic abuse & violence

Refuge – for women & child victims of domestic abuse

Women’s Aid – National charity working to end violence against women and children

Homestart – support & friendship for families

Mens Advice Line – for men experiencing domestic violence and abuse

Victim Support – help for victims of crime, witnesses, friends & family


CAB Adviceguide – tax

HMRC – tax checker

TaxAid – inheritance tax

Tax Help for Older People (TOP)


CAB Adviceguide – work


Health and Safety Executive (HSE)

The Trades Union Congress (TUC) – holiday entitlement calculator

Public Concern at work

Other Links

Member of Parliament – Telford

Lucy Allan MP

Member of Parliament – Wrekin

Mark Pritchard MP

Click on the headings to pop open the section to find out what help is available.